;;;;; Delivers above-average value and performance
;;;;; Recommended for intended application
;;;;; Shows potential but has drawbacks
;;;;; Save your hard-earned bucks
• Thickness: The height of the pedal on the leading edge, not including
the pin height.
• Platform size: Measured surface area of the pedal.
• Traction/pins: Not necessarily how many pins, but how well they
gripped our shoe. (We also gave bonus points for pin configurations
that allowed custom setups.)
• Shape: A combination of ergonomics, concavity, platform size and
• Bearings: The quality of the bearing configuration for durability
• Overall quality: A combination of aesthetic and functional features,
including overall attention to detail.
Fantastic seven: Flat pedals aren’t for
everyone, but the riders who use them will
swear up and down that they offer the
best control and connection to the bike.